heather stanning, mbe
Heather Stanning is a two-time Olympic gold medallist.
She has been ranked number 1 female rower in the world since 2016. She is a double World champion, quadruple World Cup champion and double European champion. As of May 2015, she and her rowing partner Helen Glover are the World, Olympic, World Cup and European record holders, plus the reigning Olympic, World, and European champions in the women's coxless pairs. She has also been a British champion in both women's fours and quad sculls.
She was a Captain, now a Major, in the 32nd Regiment Royal Artillery but has been given dispensation from the army to pursue an Olympic career with the British team at both the 2012 Summer Olympics in London and the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
In September 2016, Stanning was awarded the freedom of the Scottish region of Moray.
We are so excited to share Heather Stanning's story with you! She is an exceptional, inspiring, and down-to-earth woman, and enlightened us with lots of new insights.
What you'll learn about:
- What to do when you have a crisis of confidence
- How to treat the weakest member of a team
- Why eating a huge meal at dinnertime can affect how well you sleep
- How Heather tried rowing and was at the Olympics four years later
- How Heather balanced a career in the army while training for two different Olympic Games